Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Well that was quick

So it turns out I spoke a little bit too soon with that last post... I have fallen off the wagon. I've had a Diet Coke a day for the past few days, I think the temptation at work became too much. But that's okay, it happens. Starting tomorrow I'm back to it, including eating healthy. I haven't been eating all junk, but definitely a lot of carbs and sweets.

I've come to realize that I definitely need to step up working out in combination with eating less. I've tried to cut down calories but I keep going over every day, which just means I need to eat more whole foods and less junk. It's just so hard for me to give up all sweets! Somehow I've trained myself to want something sweet after every meal, which is not necessary. I just need to find smarter picks that won't make me crave more.

I have also tried planning out my meals either the night before or the start of the day... and it doesn't work for me. I usually end up craving different things than I've planned and then I go way off plan. This is why I need to have all different kinds of healthy food around me at all times, so I can always make a good decision. Right now I'm going to focus on getting the correct number of servings of each food group every day. That is something that is achievable and yet has enough spontaneity in it that I won't feel like I'm eating the same thing every day.

I'm going to go cold turkey on Diet Coke again tomorrow and this time it will stick! Soda is everywhere and it's just so tough to avoid it, but I am tougher. I won't put chemicals in my body anymore. I just need to remember that if I need caffeine (which is the main reason I would drink Diet Coke), I can always have a cup of coffee, or a cup of tea.

Now on to the awesome shoes pictured at the top. I just bought those as a motivator and I'm so excited! They're Reebok EasyTone shoes, and I got them for $35 when they're normally priced at $99! If you've never been to 6pm.com you need to check it out now, especially because it's free shipping right now. I also bought a fancy pedometer at Walgreens thanks to their Walk with Walgreens program! You enter in your daily steps and earn coupons (another one of my obsessions), and when you register you get a $5 off pedometer coupon. I combined that with a sale this week for $5 off and I got an awesome pedometer for $21.99!

Anyway enough about saving and coupons. Both the new shoes and the pedometer are going to help me step up my workouts. I'm starting a yoga class next week, and I'm going to at least go for a walk every day to get my steps up to 10,000. I also just got a kickboxing dvd which I'm excited to start.

Most posts won't be this long, sorry! Another goal of mine is to blog something every day, even if it's just a link to a recipe I tried.

Until tomorrow,



No comments:

Post a Comment