Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cinnamon M&M Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Posted by Picasa

These cookies are delicious. They may not be the most beautiful (thanks to me not pressing them down enough), but I could probably eat them all in one sitting. I won't though :) More on the cookies in a second.

So it's been a few days since my last post, and things have been pretty good. I've renewed my mission to myself, and I haven't had any pop in two days! I have also been better about making food choices at work, which is great. 

As you all know, Sunday was the Super Bowl. The boyfriend's parents and his brother came over and brought dinner, delicious sloppy joes. I made sure I ate a big salad at work for lunch so I could have that and some of the guacamole I made and yummy La Tur cheese. And of course a couple of beers, anything to get me through watching a football game ha. Amstel Light is actually pretty good and only 95 calories!

I also made these cookies from one of my favorite blogs, Picky Palate. They're Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cinnamon M&Ms on top. Super easy to make and delicious. I have my own Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe that I will post sometime, but this time I decided to stick with her recipe. Just make sure you push the dough balls down, otherwise they'll be kinda thick. 

Everyone deserves a treat every now and then, and I felt like I should make something to thank the boyfriend's parents for dinner. I sent them home with some of the cookies and then took the majority of them to work the next day. That definitely removed a lot of the temptation from the house... but of course I left a few for me and the boyfriend. You can of course use regular M&Ms or a different variety because I think the Cinnamon M&Ms were for the holidays. 

Check out the recipe over at Picky Palate. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment