Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

No Excuses and Barre Class

So in my last post about The Biggest Loser I forgot to include my favorite part of the new season! This season has a theme of "No Excuses," which I think is pretty fitting for my blog. Each week they go through different excuses like "I don't have time to eat healthy" or "I don't have a gym membership." I need to adopt the attitude of "No Excuses." I have no excuse not to be active every day, or to get all of my servings of fruits and vegetables. It's a great thing to keep in mind every day.

My friend Liz also reminded me about what I don't like about The Biggest Loser, which is that they do push the contestants too hard sometimes. There's a lot of drama that happens mostly for TV which can be dumb, but it gets bad when it involves the contestants' well-being. So don't take the show too seriously.

Yesterday I went to my first Barre class at Barre Bliss studio with my friend Sarah. This class was a combination of barre work, yoga, pilates and cardio. It was fun, but tough! And I am super sore today. I bought a month of unlimited classes from Living Social so I will be going again, at least 3 times a week. They also do yoga and basic barre classes which will be fun. I'm taking a Yoga Sculpt class on Sunday so I will let you know how it goes.

For the next two days I will be working like crazy. I got a promotion at work, so now I will be a shift leader... which is basically an assistant manager. Super excited! Now I just have a ton of information to learn. Enjoy the weekend!

Be well,

2 comments:

  1. GO girl. You are unstoppable. I'd love to try a barre class and CONGRATS on your promotion. Shoulda happened a long time ago, but you're going to ROCK it and be your clever and successful self. Yay!

    ReplyDelete