Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Willpower

Eating healthy is so much more difficult than you think it would be. I like fruits and vegetables as much as, if not more than the next person... but it's hard when your options are salad or spaghetti and meatballs. So usually I will try and compromise and have a salad and whatever I really want. It's all about portion control. This is the way that I think I should eat for the rest of my life, however, it's not helping me lose weight right now.

Which is why right now I need to focus on eating completely healthy, and it's difficult. I know that it won't always be like this, and that I will be able to enjoy all my favorites (chocolate, baked goods, pizza) again in moderation. It's just so hard for me to control myself! I'm not bingeing by any means, but it's hard not to have a bite or two. I look at these women, of course mostly in Hollywood, who seem to possess a huge amount of self-control and willpower and I don't know how they do it. I just want to get through one day without craving something sugary and I can't. And I know that I shouldn't restrict myself like this, but in order to cut calories and lose weight it's obviously best to cut down on the non-essential nutrients. I know that losing weight isn't easy and I need to remember that. How do you practice self-control? I need some tips!

So back to my attempt at losing weight. I am at least not gaining any weight right now, but I'm also not losing. I've still been going over my calorie limit and it's just way too difficult to count calories. I've decided to go back to what has worked for me before, which is the Portion Teller Plan... basically you have set numbers of servings for each type of food per day that you eat, and that's it. No counting each little calorie, no giving up carbs or saying no to a slice of pizza if you really want one. I think this will help keep me in check. I will know that I already a sandwich for lunch, so I should lean towards veggies and lean protein for dinner etc.

I'm also stepping up the workouts. This weekend I did some kickboxing and that was crazy hard! But it was also really fun... until I realized I couldn't find my inhaler and I was having some chest tightness. Whoops. I lived obviously. Tomorrow I'm either going to the gym or going ice skating! The boyfriend and I have a pretty exciting little Valentine's Day planned-- grocery shopping, article writing, some kind of workout activity, and then I'm cooking dinner at home. We might also go see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, which I've been dying to see. Do you have any super exciting plans?

Be well,

No comments:

Post a Comment